Þróttur sports club, renovation of training fields
The football training fields at the Þróttur sports club facilities in Laugardalur have now been greatly improved. Instead of one football field before there are now two training artificial grass training fields, equipped with a snow melting system, that meet all the requirements for training fields set by the Icelandic Football Association (KSÍ).
The old training field had become outdated and due for renovation. The club’s training area has therefore been greatly improved as the heated and well-lit fields can now be used not only in summer but all year round. The project required excavation and renewal of 9,500 m2 of soil and 62 km of pipes for the snow melting system. Natural grass was replaced with artificial turf and all drainage and electrical systems replaced.
VSO is responsible for:
- Project management.
- Design of artificial turf fields and surroundings.
- Design of snow smelting systems.
- Sewer and drainage systems design.
- Piping design for irrigation systems.
- Design of lighting and electrical systems.
- Tender documents and cost estimates.
Project period: 2023
Client: Reykjavik city.